Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Trotting Creature~

I think this is a pretty successful work of animation that I created. I got the leg movements to work well together and even added some movement and ear flapping in the upper body for a more realistic touch. Although it was a great project it had its flaws. This project worked best for me when it was put into Photoshop because it was easy to fix the smaller things I didn't catch when I first took the pictures. What didn't work so well was trying to take pictures because I had too many small pieces and my creature itself could have been a tad bigger. If I were to do this project over again, I probably would try to keep a consistant lighting, even though it wasn't easy to do with people walking past me most of the time. The most frustrating part of this project, for me, was carefully moving each piece. My creature was split into so many parts that when I moved one, my entire creature shifted in some way and I was forced to spend five minutes putting it back in place. From this piece I learned, that the little things count as much as the bigger things, which is important to remember when working on animating things, otherwise it turns out with gaps and holes in the motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment